Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Using Straight Talk on your unlocked iPhone 3GS


If you followed by earlier blog, I identified the steps I took to successfully jailbreak and unlock my iPhone 3GS. I am now using the unlimited $45 plan from Straight Talk on my iPhone. I will explain to you how I did this as well as give you the tools you need to do the same. You will be able to use Straight Talk to send texts and make calls prior to following these steps BUT you will not be able to send media or use internet out and about with Wi-Fi.


What you will need:
iPhone 3GS (unlocked)
Nokia E71 (activated with the sim card)
Wi-Fi
  • You should not have to cut the sim card to fit this model iPhone. It will fit perfectly into the sim card tray.
    • If you are not sure how to open the tray, you can do this by holding the phone upright and finding a very small hole at the top. Your iPhone box should have came with a small tool but if you not have that, you can use safety pin or something small like that. Insert the pin into the small hole and it should pop pit.
  • Go to the safari browser and type in http://unlockit.co.nz
  • Hit continue and then custom APN- then hit at&t and click create profile
  • Go back to the main screen and open the cydia app. I did have to buy an app. Think it was $2 or so. Search the app tether me and go ahead and get it.
  • Go to settings, general, network, and then cellular data network and enter the following information:
    • Cellular Data
      • APN: att.mvno
      • Username:
      • Password:
    • MMS
      • APN: att.mvno
      • Username:
      • Password:
      • MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
      • MMS Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com:80
      • MMS Max Size: 1048576
      • MMS UA Prof URL:

No comments:

Post a Comment